Hey, friends! It’s my 23rd birthday today! Where has the time gone?! Seriously, it feels like just yesterday I was turning 21! I swear time flies as you get older! I’m excited about 23 though and I have a feeling it is going to be a great year! I share bits and pieces of my life on here and on Instagram, but let’s be honest Instagram is a highlight reel! My life is so far from perfect and I was thinking about how many of ya’ll don’t actually know too much about me so I thought it would be fun to share 23 facts about me on my 23rd birthday! 🙂 P.S. This was my favorite photo shoot ever! I’m obsessed with how the pictures turned out! Hence why I couldn’t narrow them down 😉
1. I have a 3-year-old pug boy named Frankie. He is my world! I want to get him a black pug brother soon!
2. My mom was 17 years old when she had me. When she was pregnant with me the doctor told her that I was a boy so my parents had a boy name picked out and bought allll boy stuff only to find out on the day I was born surprise it’s a GIRL lol! Needless to say, they weren’t really prepared!
3. I can speak, write, and read basic Japanese.
4. I grew up playing soccer, gymnastics, and cheerleading. But in third grade, I started playing basketball and fell in love with the sport! My mom was actually my first coach! I played varsity all 4 years of high school and fun fact: I set the record for most rebounds in a game (21)
5. I have virgin hair AKA I’ve never dyed it.
6. I have scoliosis and had to have a spinal fusion surgery 2 years ago because my curve was greater than 50 degrees.. so I have a rod and multiple screws in my back! It was one of the hardest times of my life! It took me awhile to be able to walk by myself again. Those simply everyday tasks even taking a shower were so difficult. I learned not to take those things for granted! And I’m so grateful for the little support team I had throughout everything!
7. I was born and raised in Pennsylvania. I still go visit once or twice a year. I miss it and the seasons and I want to move back one day!
8. Believe it or not, I was a total tomboy in middle school! I’m talking about basketball shorts and a tee shirt-cargo shorts-no pink whatsoever type of tomboy haha! Seriously, I clearly remember my mom trying to get me to wear this pink dress and I literally refused I hated the color pink! There was a girl I was friends with in middle school who also went to the same high school as me and freshman year we had a class together and I was wearing a pink ribbon in my hair and she was like, “OMG Morgan you’re wearing pink!!” Funny how things change, huh! Lol.
9. I love to travel! I did a cross-country road trip last summer FL –> CA and we drove through 8 states and visited 11 cities! It hands down was the best trip of my life!
10. I loved high school! Those 4 years were some of the best times/memories of my life! I especially miss playing HS basketball!
11. I’m very hard on myself. I always think that I could be doing more.
12. I graduate college in December with my B.S. in Psychology and a minor in Criminal Justice. I want to be a Substance Abuse Counselor. Many people tell me I’m crazy, but you know what it is SO needed! I know I won’t be able to change/turn around every person’s life, but to change one person’s life would be amazing! Helping others and making a difference in their lives is something I am so passionate about!
13. I’m extremely organized. Like everything has a place, my closet is color coordinated, my drawers have dividers, everything in my fridge and pantry is sorted just right. My apartment is never messy. Clean space = clean mind! I also love making lists and writing in my planner. BUT, if you know me you know that 95% of the time I’m 5 minutes late… I’m seriously working on it though!
14. Growing up I wanted to be a veterinarian. I’ve always had a huge heart for all animals!
15. My dad passed away exactly a week after my birthday.. this year will mark 6 years and it still feels like just yesterday. He was hands down the funniest person EVER and I miss him so much!
16. I have 1 tattoo on my left shoulder. It is an exact copy of my dad’s handwriting from a letter that he wrote me. It says “Love always and forever DAD XOXO” It is so special to me and I don’t think I would ever get any other tattoos.
17. I grew up listening to Biggie Small and Tupac. That good old school music! I was singing “Biggie, Biggie, Biggie, can’t you see” at age three in the backseat of the car LOL. I easily remember lyrics and can most likely sing any old school hip hop/rap song word for word!
18. I struggle with anxiety. I’m not afraid to admit that because I strongly believe that we need to speak up and be more open about this common struggle instead of hiding it like it doesn’t exist. If you are struggling today know that you are not alone and even though it does not feel like it right now it will get better and you will get through it!
19. I have an 18-year-old brother and a 9-month-old baby sister.
20. I’m allergic to cows milk. Pizza and mac & cheese are my weaknesses!
21. I only drink decaf coffee. Regular coffee makes my heart race and makes me feel anxious. My go-to Starbucks drink is a Grande Iced Cinnamon Dolce with almond milk!
22. I loveee rice. I could eat sushi every day!
23. My mom practically raised my brother and I and I’m forever grateful for her! She is the strongest person I know and deserves the world! She is my best friend and so special to me! I love you, mom!
SHOP THE LOOK:
Photos by: Shelby Dunnam // Instagram: shelbydunnam
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed learning more about me! If you were like “OMG girl, me too!” I would love to know (it’s always fun lol) or tell me one fact about you! Thank you SO much for all of the birthday wishes!