Hey, friends! Can you believe the month of January is already over?! Where did the time go.. one sec we were celebrating New Year’s Eve and before we know it it’ll be Valentine’s Day! I love looking back on the year and rounding up all my favorites! I think it’s fun to see not only what I loved, but also what others loved too because it’s like you get a more personal glimpse into their life! And of course, shopping that person’s favorites AKA Jaclyn Hill 😉
I’m so excited to finally share my 2017 favorites from fashion and beauty to lifestyle and more! I worked really hard on this post because I wanted to make sure it was thorough and enjoyable for ya’ll so I included a collage of each category, a few reasons why each item is my fave, sizing (fashion) + color (beauty) info, pricing, and course shoppable links! I left out skincare and haircare because I plan on doing separate posts for each of those two topics soon! I hope you enjoy getting seeing what my favorites from 2017 were and I’m sure a lot of them will come as no surprise! 😉
1. Free People // Lace Racerback Bralette $20 | My fave bralette to wear under off the shoulder tops because the lace is gorgeous! It also comes in black.
2. LUSH // Raw Edge Side Slit Tee $24 | The best basic tee! Also comes in 3 other colors.
3. LUSH // Perfect Roll Tab Sleeve Tunic ON SALE $27.90 | Love this tunic because you can dress it up with a skirt for the office or dress it down with jeans and booties! Plus it’s on sale and the price is amazing for the quality you get! Comes in 5 other colors. If between sizes, size down one.
4. BP. // Side Slit Striped Tee $19 | Ya’ll know how much I love striped tees! This one is great because it’s long enough to wear with leggings! If stripes aren’t for you it also comes in 4 solid colors. Runs large, size down one.
5. BLANKNYC // Life Changer Moto Jacket $98 | I bought this in August during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale because it was love at first sight! I’ve been looking for a black moto jacket with gold hardware for forever! The quality of this one is worth every penny and will last for years! For sure a closet staple that will never go out of style!
6. Zella // Live In High Waist Leggings $54 | I raved about these leggings soo much because honestly, they are just that amazing! I wear mine at least 2x a week and them not only for athleisure but they are also great to workout in! They aren’t see through and they haven’t faded, piled, or got baggy even after lots of wear and wash so the price you pay is def for the great quality! If you don’t have a pair in your life you need them like ASAP! Trust, me you’ll want to wear them allll the time! They fit TTS.
7. SPANX // Faux Leather Leggings $98 | I’m absolutely obsessed with these faux leather leggings! They are THE BEST! Def a splurge, but another closet staple that will never go out of style and last for years! They are high waisted so they suck you in in all the right places! I love that you can pair them with an athleisure look or dress them up! They fit TTS.
8. Express // High Waisted Distressed Knee Stretch Jean Leggings $79.90 | My all-time fave pair of black jeans! I love that they are high waisted and the rips in the knees make them perfect! They are considered a jean legging so they are super stretchy and comfy to wear! If you are on the hunt for a good pair of black distressed jeans these are for you! They fit TTS.
9. BP. // Lance Block Heel Booties $89.95 | The perfect bootie that every girl needs in her closet! I find myself reaching for this pair allll the time! Prob because they have a block heel so they are actually comfy and I just love the style overall! They fit TTS.
10. Nike // Juvenate Sneaker $85 | I got these sneaks at the end of the year, but I fell in love with them right away! They are the. most. comfortable. running. shoes. I’ve ever worn! Seriously, I went out and bought the grey pair the same week they are that good! I love that they are more of a lifestyle sneaker so you can pair them with ripped jeans or leggings! They fit TTS.
11. Converse // Chuck Taylor ‘Shoreline’ Sneaker $49.95 | I can’t live without my white chucks! For UNDER $50 these sneaks are a definite must-have! They fit TTS.
12. Tory Burch // ‘Miller’ Flip Flop $198 | I splurged on these sandals in 2017 because they were on my wishlist for forever! I knew I would get lots of wear out of them because I live in FL and it’s hot and sunny pretty much most of the year! I found myself wearing them like every day during the spring/summer and now they are a staple sandal in my wardrobe! Like I don’t know what I did before these flip flops LOL they are the best! I found that they run a little small, so I sized up half a size.
13. Anthropologie // Monogram Pendant Necklace $38 | I saw my girl Morgan from simplymorganblake.com post a pic of this necklace early last year and I was IN LOVE! I ordered it like that same night haha. I’ve probably worn it 100+ times in 2017 and it was one of the top sellers of the year so ya’ll loved it just as much too 😉 It’s also the perfect gift for any girl in your life!
14. BaubleBar // Layered Y-Chain $48 | This was the ‘IT’ necklace of 2017 by far! I wore it nonstop in the summer with tank tops and v neck tees! It’s soo gorgeous and has the prettiest shimmer! It’s hard to believe it’s only $48 because it looks wayyy more expensive! It now comes in rose gold and silver too! You totally need it for spring/summer!
15. BP. // Rose Gold Mirrored Sunglasses $14 | I wore/wear these sunnies allll the time! I love the price tag because you don’t have to worry about losing or scratching them! I’m about to order another pair for spring/summer! The rose gold color is my fave, but they also come in black/silver, gold/black, and a fun blue/purple color that would be perfect for summer!
1. Too Faced // Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation $36 | My FAVE foundation of 2017! If you have oily to combo skin you would love this! It’s medium to full coverage and matte, but not a flat matte! I can’t say enough good things about this foundation! I wear Light Beige.
2. Tarte // Shape Tape Concealer $27 | One word: AMAZING! Seriously everyone and their mama was raving about this concealer last year and that’s because it’s the best concealer on the market in my opinion! It has become one of my holy grail products. I’m it’s your fave too, but if you haven’t tried it you need it in your makeup routine like ASAP! I wear Light Neutral.
3. Cover Fx // Perfect Setting Powder $35 | Because I have oily to combo skin I have to set my face no matter what foundation I use! I was on the hunt for a talc free setting powder last year and was so excited when I found this one at Sephora because not only was it talc free, but it also had great reviews.. win win! I love that it keeps me matte throughout the day and doesn’t make my skin look dry, cakey, or dull! I absolutely love it paired with the Too Faced foundation! I wear Translucent Light.
4. Loreal // Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara $9.99 | The BEST mascara at the drugstore! Need I say more?! It is totally comparable to a high-end mascara, but less than 10 bucks.. YES! If you love thick black long lashes (AKA every girl) run to the drugstore and get this mascara!
5. Benefit // Dandelion Box o’ Powder Blush $29 | This is the prettiest light pink blush! I Benefit has come of the best blushes & bronzers and this one is the perfect pop of color! I love to wear it in the spring and summer because it gives your skin the prettiest subtle glow!
6. Fresh // Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy Treatment $26 | I seriously don’t think I could live without this lip balm! I use it all throughout the day and at night before I go to bed! It’s SO smooth and buttery on the lips and nothing else compares! I know it’s pricey for a lip balm but totally worth the money!
7. Buxom // Full-on Lip Cream ‘White Russian’ $20 | Probably the 1085 time I’ve talked about this lip gloss LOL but seriously it’s my holy grail lip gloss! It makes your lips look full and pouty and is soo glossy! I love this specific shade because it’s the prettiest light pink, but it also comes in a ton of other colors too!
8. MAC // Lipstick ‘Twig’ $17.50 | The best rosy lip color – not too red, pink, or mauve! You can’t ever go wrong with MAC lipsticks their formula is one of my faves!
9. Morphe // Brushes:
M439 Deluxe Buffer $14 (Foundation) | If you haven’t tried Morphe brushes you are def missing out.. lol, but seriously they are some of the best quality affordable brushes on the market! If you only buy one brush get this one domed shaped one for foundation! It applies liquid foundation evenly and makes your skin look airbrushed!
M527 Deluxe Pointed Powder $16 (Bronzer) | This is my fave brush for bronzer because it applies bronzer easily and evenly! It is pretty much foolproof!
E4 Angled Contour $14 (Blush) | I love this angled brush to apply blush because the size of it is perfect for the cheeks and the angled shape allows for you to focus on applying product to the apples of your cheeks!
M501 Pro Pointed Blender $8 (Highlighter) | This is THE brush for highlighter! Makes highlighting so easy and quick! It diffuses the product into your skin and gives you that glow from within!
1. Donut House // Decaf Coffee Keurig Single-Serve K-Cup Pods 24ct/42ct/72ct | I’m a decaf coffee kinda gal and these k-cups are SO tasty! The 72 count box was on my Christmas list (that’s how much I love them) and tbh it was one of my fave presents! LOL. I love it with peppermint mocha creamer – yes, even after the holidays are over 😉
2. Paul David Tripp // New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional $16.65 | I absolutely love this devotional! It’s my fave one because the way it is written makes it easy to understand and apply to your own life! He even includes little stories or personal experiences that relate which I really like! The new year is the perfect time to start a devotional so if you have been looking for a good one this one is it!
3. Staedtler // Multicolor Rollerball Pen Set $11.99 | I’m a big fan of colored pens and using a different color to stay organized and I have been using these pens for years to write in my planner or jot down quick reminders! I love the fine tip and the way that they write is great!
5. Sunbeam // Massaging XL Renue® Heat Therapy Neck & Shoulder Wrap $59.99 | If you read my 23rd Birthday: 23 Facts About Me blog post then you saw that I had scoliosis surgery a few years ago! The surgery made a big difference, but I still have back and neck pain from time to time and found that this neck and shoulder heat wrap helps SO much! I love that it’s long enough to cover most of the back and also the neck! I use it pretty much every night while I’m laying in bed watching a show or reading a book! Total grandma status, but hey don’t knock it until you try it! 😉
6. Slip // Pure Silk Pillowcase $79.99 | This has been on my splurge wishlist for forever and I was so excited when I got it for Christmas! I literally fell in love the first night I used it because it feels so luxurious! I know it’s super pricey for a pillowcase, but it will last a long time because it is pure silk and it amazing for your skin and hair so YAY for helping to prevent wrinkles and hair breakage!
Marc Jacobs // Daisy Perfume 1.7oz/$84 | I LOVE Marc Jacobs perfume and I have been loving this one forever now because it’s refreshing, fruity, and girly! I smelled the new one ‘Daisy Dream Twinkle‘ in stores a few weeks ago and fell in love with it! There’s a good chance you’ll see it in my 2018 faves!
Sugarfina // Sugar Lips Candy Small: $7.50/Large: $18 | Raise your hand if you love sour/sweet gummy candy!! These gourmet sugar lips are so delicious and make the perfect gift! Hint hint.. Valentine’s Day! 😉
Target // Gilligan & O’Malley Sleepwear | Who doesn’t love loungewear?! This brand of sleepwear from Target is the softest ever and the price tag is even better! I love their PJ sets I probably have like 5.. not kidding! And their joggers are also amazing!
Charles & Charles // Rosé Wine $10.99 | My fave rosé because it’s light and refreshing! Perfect for the spring and summer!
Erath Oregon // Pinot Noir Wine $14.99 | I got this red wine in a birthday gift and loved it because it’s not too strong or dry! It’s great paired with pasta!
Thanks so much for stopping by! What was your #1 favorite thing from 2017?